*If you haven’t received any comments from me on your blog lately it is because blogspot/blogger has been really weird the past week and is not letting me write comments. I’ve literally typed out a dozen comments only to have them not go through, but I am still reading and sending out positive vibes to all of you. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Much love to everyone, xoxo.
So a couple of weeks ago I read a post from MissConception of 101 things she was going to do in 1001 days. I immediately fell in love with that idea. I love having goals to work towards and this seemed like a great way of encouraging myself to do some things that I’ve been wanting to do but haven’t ever gotten around to. It took me a little while to make the list but mostly because I took a 2 week break from working on it after the surgery. But now it is finally done! I will also be making a page for this list so if you are curious you can check on my status and tell me to get going if I look like I am slacking.
Start date: January 28th, 2012
End date: October 25th, 2014
1. Read 100 new books.
2. Lose 10 lbs.
3. Take a class.
4. Bring home a baby.
5. Write someone a letter telling them how much you appreciate them.
6. Cook 2 new meals a week for a month.
7. Give up soda for 6 months.
8. Organize the kitchen / pantry.
9. Clean out and donate old clothes.
10. Practice guitar for 1 hour a week for 3 months.
11. Go to church two times a month for 6 months.
12. Go camping.
13. See 3 musicals.
14. Help someone in need.
15. Eat 3 new types of food.
16. Join a group. (Support group, club, ect.)
17. Make a new friend.
18. Lose 15 lbs. (total after the 10 lbs. loss)
19. exercise for 20 min. 5 times a week for 2 months.
20. Run a mile without stopping.
21. Make a photo album.
22. Donate to a charity.
23. Go Skiing
24. Watch the sun rise on the beach.
25. Give up a bad habit.
26. Get a massage.
27. Get a pedicure.
28. Drink 64 oz of water a day for 2 weeks.
29. Do acupuncture treatments.
30. Organize filling folder of important documents.
31. Learn to make Chinese Chicken Salad like the one from Sweet Tomatoes.
32. Clean out my jewelry box.
33. See a foreign film.
34. Send out Christmas cards.
35. Go ice skating.
37. Read a book with J.
38. Plan a special date night for J.
39. Re-learn American Sign Language. (took classes in HS but have forgotten a lot)
40. See “The Phantom of the Opera” in Las Vegas.
41. Buy a new camera.
42. Buy a video camera.
43. Visit Medieval Times.
44. Ride a new rollercoaster.
45. Let go of bitterness.
46. Play in the rain.
47. Make the bed everyday for a month.
48. Whiten my teeth.
49. Be completely honest about all my feelings with my therapist.
50. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
51. See 10 classic movies that I’ve never seen before.
52. Get a facial.
53. Don’t complain for a week.
54. Wish on a shooting star.
55. Watch all the “Harry Potter” movies in one day.
56. Go on one big hike with J.
57. Visit somewhere I’ve never been.
58. Get up an hour earlier than needed everyday for 2 weeks.
59. Go to San Diego Zoo.
60. See a production of Cirque de Soleil
61. Transfer recipes to a recipe box.
62. Host a game night.
63. Pay for someone’s order behind me in the drive-thru.
64. Don’t eat any sugar for 1 week.
65. Find a new hobby.
66. Take a picture in a photo booth.
67. Have a night picnic outside.
68. Make a list of 100 things I like about myself/my life.
69. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast.
70. Re-frame our wedding pictures.
71. Attend a friend’s wedding.
72. Make my own cheesecake.
73. Go to the Dermatologist.
74. Buy a muffin tin.
75. Make muffins or cupcakes.
76. Get my car detailed.
77. Attend a yoga or aerobics class.
78. Buy a good luck charm necklace.
79. Make a pie from scratch.
80. Re-finish dressers.
81. Meet a local member of the ALI community in person.
82. Beat J in a video game.
83. Buy a new laptop.
84. Take a non-visit vacation with J.
85. Volunteer at the hospital.
86. Make a pizza from scratch.
87. Take Toady on a walk everyday for 2 weeks.
88. Clean out the storage closet.
89. Eat at 15 new restaurants.
90. Compliment someone every day for 1 week.
91. Make dinner for an ill friend.
92. Clean out old makeup.
93. Attend my 10 year reunion.
94. Color every page in a coloring book.
95. Don’t log onto Facebook for 1 week.
96. Go rock climbing.
97. Complete an arts and crafts project.
98. Get a new kitchen table.
99. Get rid of old knickknacks that I don’t use.
100. Give someone a gift for no reason.
101. Make the best out of the hand life has deals and try to enjoy everyday to the fullest.
I think most of these things are so do-able and I really hope that I can complete this list in the upcoming 1001 days. There will also probably be a few blog posts about some of these as I complete them. Not all of them, because really, you guys don’t need to read a post about how I bought a muffin tin. But some of these were chosen for a very specific reason and I can’t wait to complete them and tell you all what the experience has meant to me.
Time to get cracking!